Saturday, December 01, 2007

Immune to the Cold?

I have come to the conclusion that American women possess some kind of gene (or immunity) against the cold that the rest of the female (and even male) world does not possess. Only here have I seen women walk around or wait in the line of a club in a tank top and barefoot in the middle of winter. Granted, they may be cold, but they don't show it. And the craziest thing is that they don't get sick either! (Compare this to Bulgarians' fear of cold air and drafts that I posted about a few months back.) And here I am worrying about how I will get to our formal party tomorrow night in a cocktail dress and high-heeled shoes. No, I can't wear stockings, and, yes, I will wear my longest and warmest winter coat...but still, don't think that will be enough given that I wasn't born and raised here.

2 comments:

Julia said...

I thought I would stop by and check what's going on before I send you that long email :-)
I think the immunity to cold comes from England actually. Women here just like there wear mini-skirts and tank tops all year long and there is never a sign of goosebumps or anything. I hear northern parts of England are most famous for that. :-)

DJ said...

Hmmm makes sense. so the pilgrims brought it over then :)

will eagerly await the long email.