Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Stress-Relief "Wisdom"

I have found myself complaining and stressing out more about school work over the past week than I normally do, which has been duly noted by some people. At moments, the sheer magnitude of my to-do list and the timeframe within which it must be completed seems large enough to knock me over. But then I pause and think:
1) When else will I get paid to study and take advantage of all these academic resources? (let alone play an EU Commissioner at a mock policy simulation on the landmine ban treaty or investigate whether Fox News swung the 2000 Presidential vote?)
2) Isn't the gratification of being done so much greater after you have been under pressure, constantly doing things, and sleeping insufficiently for a few days?

Yes, I am trying to tell myself that right now :)

No comments: