Sunday, October 28, 2007

The Justification

I’ve been watching you, he said.
And I simply sat in silence.
To disagree would be too much,
To agree would prove my weakness.

Accusations – so easily molded
Prove hard to grasp and disentagle.
They fly past and I ignore them,
Breathing deeply, looking boldly.

Doubts cannot come in, I think.
Cannot let neat arguments move me.
Focus, be brave, take the step!
Yet I'm paralyzed; I'm speechless.

One more day, one more night
Certain one day, swayed another
Conference of voices in my head
Some prevailing, others quiet.

I'm still watching you, he said.
And I turned and made my exit.
Did a tear roll down my face?
Or was that merely what I wished for?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice. Who wrote this? You?

DJ said...

thanks. yes, I wrote it...had some form of inspiration yesterday, I guess