Friday, August 24, 2007

My Best Discovery Yet!

There is a Bulgarian restaurant right here in downtown Princeton! I was clued in on this great fact by a friend of a friend who also studies at Princeton. As we walked by, the hostess (also Bulgarian) tried to get us to go in and couldn't stop gushing about it. Then once she found out I was Bulgarian, she exclaimed, "And you haven't been here yet?!?!?" in a disapproving voice. I had to explain that it was only my 5th day in town. But I will definitely try it and if it is as good as she claims, then might become a more regular customer. The owner, chefs and waiting staff are all Bulgarian. But I cracked up a little bit as I read the story in the menu that claimed that all staff were imported from Bulgaria, as if that was some arduous process. I am sure there are plenty of Bulgarians living right here in the area. Anyway, that is my highlight of today. So, now I know where I can get my shopska salad, french fries with feta cheese, and shish kebaps fix:)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

the Bulgarians are everywhere...

DJ said...

Yes we are, but hopefully not in an obnoxious way to any non-Bulgarians:)

Anonymous said...

No, but it is a little weird to hear about all the sightings everywhere you go! ;-)

Heinz

DJ said...

At least they are not all from my high school, as Nada always claims :)