Saturday, June 30, 2007

Sitting in a Vacuum

I don't know if you have ever experienced this... but some days just feel like I am sitting in a vacuum. Nothing happens and they just pass by. It's almost like they didn't exist. This happens most frequently when I am traveling, especially cross-Atlantic. The day of travel is like a day that didn't exist. The time difference makes the whole experience even more confusing. Usually I enjoy those days when I fly, especially longer distances because it gives me time to think and be by myself with my thoughts, desires, dreams. I rarely fly with someone else, so I am truly undisturbed most of the time. For those X hours of travel, I can forget about daily cares and problems and focus on the big picture.

I kind of feel like that right now. I am not traveling per se but since I am in a place where I have no responsibilities or daily routine (I am currently in Brussels where my parents live) and no real need to sightsee (since I have been here several times before), I feel like the days pass by quite uneventfully. Actually, I haven't even thought about big-picture stuff either. I guess since I am close to making another somewhat big change in my life, I am currently at the stage of "semi-denial" where I try to push all thoughts on serious matters out of my head. On the one hand, I have enjoyed these last few "carefree" days; on the other, it almost seems like there will be nothing to remember them by. Does that mean they have been a waste?

No comments: