Monday, June 11, 2007

Bush's Visit, Part Two

From the American flags adorning the road from/to the airport, one would almost think we were in the States. Well, I guess with one small difference - these flags are much smaller than any of their counterparts in the U.S. We are paying our tributes, but in small doses, I guess :). I wonder if it was this way when Clinton visited. (Fortunately or unfortunately, I wasn't here then.)

Bus lines were rerouted yesterday without any prior notice or an indication of the detours. I don't think anyone is really surprised. Oh, and supposedly in the area dubbed as Security Zone #1 (= most of the city center), all mobile communications will be cut off. I find that hard to believe. Seems like some crazy rumor, but have to wait for someone living in that area to confirm. In the meantime, I will just enjoy my day off work... although I won't venture into the city center.

Wishing you all a good work week!

No comments: