Monday, January 15, 2007

My favorite place

It has been decided. My Mojito, or just Mojito as it is known colloquially to all Sofia dwellers, is my favorite place to go out for a dance/party night. Reasons I like it so much:

  1. You dance to classics (from the high school years) such as INXS, Depeche, Faithless, Prodigy mixed in with more recent hits from the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Gnarls Barkley, The Gorillaz, etc.
  2. You are almost certain to meet someone you know. Right before New Year's I met half of my high school there (or what felt like it), plus a few US-residing friends returned for the holidays.
  3. Everybody around you is always having a good time--how can you not be? It almost feels like you are holding the party in your own living room and everyone is your friend.
But it has one big drawback: too much smoke, which tires me out pretty quickly in the best-case scenario and makes my eyes itch in the worst. Not to mention how my clothes and hair stink of cigarettes afterwards.

Two amusing things I noticed in/about Mojito lately:
  1. A guy headbanging like crazy to Anouk's Nobody's Wife --hmmm, isn't the song made by a woman for women?
  2. 6-7 bouncers standing outside in the cold next to a small electrical heater... one of the them gets very upset when you don't carry a handbag (that he can check); he actually threatens that he won't let you in next time. I guess with 6-7 of them they really are in dire need of things to do :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

funny,
bouncers warming up around the heater...makes me think of the rap and hip-hop music videos of the mid-90-ies, although in their case it was a garbage bin on fire.

DJ said...

it definitely is the most ridiculous sight! :) when it gets cold again, you should go check it out.