Saturday, October 28, 2006

Coming Full Circle

Last night, I added one more piece of evidence to the theory that the world in Sofia is small, very small. A friend (Ani) had invited me to her friend's birthday--a guy called Andrey--at club Gramofon. I show up expecting to meet a bunch of new people, when it turns out that I actually know the guy, from high school, and we had even celebrated New Year's 2000 together. Now, to make this even more confusing, I know Ani from the States (and she did not go to my high school). She used to live in NYC, and I had met her through one of my best friends (who also lives in NYC). Andrey now also studies in the States and was just visiting. So, through some weird twist of events and acquaintances, we all met last night at Gramofon. In addition, there were a bunch of other people from school I hadn't seen since graduation. Anyway, it feels good to have these kinds of random moments--something Sofia is infamous for.

No comments: