Friday, June 27, 2008

A Morning in the Field

This morning, our office had a field outing. Our mission: to plant trees around rural schools. Our group was helped by the school's environmental group (enthusiastic teenagers, mostly girls), plus several local kids (from the surrounding houses) who were curious and eager enough to lend a hand.




Mural painted on the side of the school





One of the school buildings



A classroom




Planting trees




Helping out. The little boy then proceeded to help me collect
trash around the school.




A house - pretty typical for the rural areas

Skinny dog. As I have said multiple times already, they are everywhere.



The horse in front proceeded to yawn a few minutes after I took this picture

If you click on the picture to see a larger version you will note that the boy in the back has the boy in the front tied to a rope and appears to be carrying a "gun". They asked me to take another photo, but my colleagues were rushing to leave, so unfortunately I didn't get the chance. They were very cute though and waved several times as we left.

No comments: