Monday, November 12, 2007

Things To Be Happy About

From my periodical "why feel good about life" series:

1. Fall colors - they are beautiful!

2. I get to see one of my closest college friends in 3 days' time after a 1.5 year gap.

3. I cooked for about 20 of my classmates and didn't end up presenting Bulgarian cuisine in a negative light.

4. I got my car back in one piece after it got towed in Philadelphia (note to self: always double-check the street signs even if someone else looks at them first).

5. It is Monday, but somehow doesn't feel like Monday.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What fine specimen of Bulgarian cuisine did you present? :)

DJ said...

the easiest to make: shopska salad & moussaka :) (although the moussaka turned out to be a little tricky and took forever to bake since I had to make a larger than normal quantity).

Anonymous said...

hei lets have a fight if moussaka is bulgarian, greek or turkish and illustrate the term 'balkanization' erhh for educational purposes ;) nevermind me, kidding, i do admire you, moussaka can be a hell to cook, rather a hell to clean afterwards so your guests should be really grateful

ah, also, no. 5 - oh it is wednesday already!! :-)

DJ said...

yes, you have a point :) i just consider to be all of the above (of what you mentioned)...plus serbian probably. each can claim it as their own cause we all cook it a little differently

trol said...

cause we all cook it a little differently

eh thank u!!
exactly that.

I kind of understand the reasons behind it, but still bothering me how 'balkanization' ever got such a horrible, negative meaning.

Kudos to bulgarian Maria Todorova for writing the best analysis ever on it and kudos to us for eating moussaka cooked in different ways.

nazdravlije (ok serbian maybe, dunno the bg)