Sunday, September 09, 2007

I Love NYC!

Until recently I hadn't been very fond of New York. I don't really know why. I think I always thought that it was too hectic and cement-filled for me to enjoy living in. However, it started growing on me a little bit when I was here in March for my friends' wedding. And now that it's the closest big city to Princeton, it seems like I will be visiting a whole lot more frequently.

I decided to spend this weekend here and so far the "growing on me" part has only grown stronger. I have realized that diversity is what draws me to a city, and no city in the US can really beat NYC when it comes to diversity of everything - from things to do, to people, to restaurants, to parts of town, to shops, to cultural events ... Just today we went to brunch with my friends to a French crepes place called Sortie. Not only were the crepes absolutely delicious, but the whole set-up of the restaurant was more like that of a lounge, including electro music playing in the background. What really surpised me at one point though is hearing the song "White Horse" - one of the greatest hits of Summer 2006 in Bulgaria (and perhaps other parts of Europe). It felt like being home again. And I am very very happy that I can get that kind of experience here. It's nice to feel at home.

So, as of today, the verdict has changed. I really like New York!

No comments: