Saturday, March 03, 2007

Carrots and White Horses

Whenever I have gone out to bars/clubs in Sofia, almost a time hasn't gone by without the presence of the following two things:

1) Carrot sticks dipped in lemon juice. They are served at the tables/bar together with the mixed nuts in most mid- to upscale locales. (I haven't seen that practice anywhere else outside of Bulgaria... might be a good suggestion for the oh-so-health-conscious Americans next time I am in the States :)) ). Anyway, they are pretty delicious I must say.

2) The song White Horse (by Wonderland Avenue). I think I will forever associate summer 2006 and the months that follow (until the new summer hits come out) with this song. I don't like it all that much, but if I don't hear it while out, I almost start having withdrawal symptoms :). (Sidenote: This song is actually my favorite from the summer 2006 dance hits, but for some reason it's not quite as pervasive in my mind as White Horse is.)

I write this now because both of these statements were confirmed again last night.

No comments: