Friday, September 18, 2009

Mobile Fingerprinting

Residence permit update.
Our tramitador calls me to tell me that we have to sign some more forms for the police (this time not Interpol). We agree to meet at my office. He shows up and tells me that we need to find some witnesses. I'm confused at first. Turns out, that we need two people to verify that each of us (and no-one else) signed the forms. My colleagues think I am crazy when I tell them what they have to do. But they agree to sign without requesting too many details as to what and why. Simple enough. The tramitador proceeds to take out a number of different forms from his briefcase AND an inkpad.
Me: I guess I'm getting fingerprinted again.
Tramitador: Yes, all 10 fingers.
Me: Again?


He then takes both of our fingerprints. Apparently, Milos's fingers are better "built" for fingerprinting. Who knew? So what we would have had to do at the police station, he did for us at the office instead. Talk about onsite service. I am glad I don't have to make an extra trip to a police station but I still can't believe how things work here.

No comments: