Friday, January 18, 2008

I Am Back (from the Library)

Apologies for my lack of posts the past 10 days. Unfortunately, the academic calendar at Princeton is such that we have finals after our Christmas break. So that's what I was subjecting myself to the past 1.5 weeks. And the library became my second home, as some classmates pointed out. So, instead of subjecting you to talk about micro and statistics, I opted for silence. And as soon as I get an inspiration, you will be sure to hear about it. I am off to DC this weekend so maybe I will stumble upon some fodder there. Enjoy your weekends!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess I should have seen that you would be in DC earlier...didn't we say we were going to do people watching at that wretched chalga place on 18th? :))
did you have a chance to visit it?

DJ said...

No, not yet. Whenever I visit DC (which is probably once every 2-3 months) somehow it never makes it high on my list of things to do...hmmm, I wonder why :) although i definitely agree that it would be terrific to make fun of. also, not sure it is still a regular event there. (Penang, I mean, or are you referring to Leftbank?)

Anonymous said...

I meant Penang, but that might have been on 19th, I have forgotten.
Leftbank never struck me as chalga, it's more like chalga-delic on a global level, if you know what I mean. :)

DJ said...

Haha, chalga-delic. That's a good way to put it. But I thought the place had become more hard-core chalga on certain nights. Because one of the owners is a Bulgarian Turk, so I'd heard. On a different note, supposedly Georgi Mamalev is coming to the Bulgarian restaurant in Princeton for a performance. Talk about random.